OUR COVID-19 SAFETY APPROACH
These are unusual times and we want to assure our guests that we are keeping them as safe as we can. We want you to have confidence that we are doing all we can, and at the same time we ask our guests and visitors to be equally respectful.
KEEPING US ALL SAFE DURING COVID-19
As we now reopen, the safety of our staff and guests is paramount. As a newly refurbished hotel, our cleaning standards have always been very high, with one guest stating that we were "the cleanest hotel [they] have ever stayed in.
Steps we have taken;
• Our already immaculate 16 en- suite rooms will have further cleaning checks applied to them, particularly hot spot areas
• We are planning to operate at 60% capacity to allow sufficient space for all guests
• Guests will be asked to follow particular routes around the communal areas>
• When we reopen the kitchen later in July, a continental breakfast will be served to rooms Monday – Thursday and a cooked breakfast available over the weekend
• Once the bar and restaurant reopen our residents will have an allocated table for the duration of their stay to avoid unnecessary cross contamination. All other tables will be for bookings only
• All staff will be offered face masks should they wish to wear and have been retrained on handwashing and hygiene standards required
• All areas will be sanitised regularly
• Resident guests asked to use their own toilets in their room rather than the communal areas
• All guests are asked not to visit the hotel if they have symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms of COVID-19. We also ask that if guests have been contacted by Track and Trace that they do not visit .