OUR COVID-19 SAFETY APPROACH
These are unusual times and we want to assure our guests that we are keeping them as safe as we can. We want you to have confidence that we are doing all we can, and at the same time we ask our guests and visitors to be equally respectful.
KEEPING US ALL SAFE DURING COVID-19
As we now reopen, the safety of our staff and guests is paramount. As a newly refurbished hotel, our cleaning standards have always been very high, with one guest stating that we were "the cleanest hotel [they] have ever stayed in.
Steps we have taken;
• Our already immaculate 16 en- suite rooms will have further cleaning checks applied to them, particularly hot spot areas
We disinfect the rooms and communal areas with a commercial fogging machine, using a bio detergent which is very effective against COVID-19 and other viruses and bacteria
• All guests will be asked to sanitise their hands on arrival, wash their hands and follow particular routes around the communal areas
•A continental breakfast will be served to rooms Monday – Thursday and a cooked breakfast will be available over the weekend
• Our hotel residents will have an allocated table for the duration of their stay to avoid unnecessary cross contamination. For a table in the bar, conservatory or garden, bookings are advisable
We will not be accepting groups of more than 6 people, and people are to remain in their social bubbles. All persons entering the hotel will be asked to give us contact details, and will not be served if they refuse to comply
• All staff have been offered face masks should they wish to wear and have been retrained on handwashing and hygiene standards required
• All areas will be sanitised regularly
• Resident guests asked to use their own toilets in their room rather than the communal areas. Communal toilets are allocated dependent on which part of the hotel you are eating in to avoid cross contamination
• All guests are asked not to visit the hotel if they have symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms of COVID-19. We also ask that if guests have been contacted by Track and Trace that they do not visit .